Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
•Forget everything you think you know about literature & reading. Set aside likes and dislikes. Either way, you can get something out of it. •Read the material with an open mind & think about it. •Then. Let’s talk. Ask Questions. Have conversation. •Finally, respect the material and respect each other. Most groups & classes are made up of a variety of people & personalities – successful groups are those whose members respect each other and each other’s differences.
8 comments:
Marie Antoinette said let them eat cake because the public did not have any bread, so she was suggesting another type of flour based product for them to eat.
I like chocolate cake!
French philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau in Confessions.Which essentially means "let them eat a type of egg-based bread" (not quite cake, but still a bit extravagant). Rousseau claimed that "a great princess" told the peasants to eat cake/brioche when she heard they had no bread.
that is what i found and i like carrot !
the "great princess" mentioned in Confessions is thought to have been referring to Marie-Therese,wife of Louis XIV. Confessions was written in 1770, before Marie Antoinette came to Versaille. However it was also written nearly one hundred years after Marie-Therese died.
The saying is most attributed to Marie Antoinett. If she did, it is possible that it wasn't as bad as it sounds. French law at that time regulated the price of bread, making brioche or cake the same price as bread. They could eat finer than they were used to without spending more.
I like any cake without nuts.
It was alleged Marie Antoinette spoke this Quote, though some theorists say that she actually said something in french that, in its phonetic spelling, only sounded as "let them eat cake."Even if it was to be said, she wasn'nt necessarily referring to the delicacy we now know as cake.
chocolate cake with vanilla frosting....and ice cream :)
I like white cake. I love chocolate, but choclate cake is nasty.
Marie Antoinette is the one I know to have used that phrase. It was meant as a way of saying if we can't give them one thing we have to give them something. There wasn't enough bread to feed the people so we'll give them cake (or something else) I bet the cake would have done them so good too. Fatten them up a little and give them some extra cushion for the cold winter.
If you are still rewarding with cake and muffins I accept anything but raisins. I have to say muffins are one of my top breakfast choices. And Thank you in advance
I like any kind of cake. chocolate carrot white any kind usually works
carrot cake. I see no point in answering when its already right there four different times, but just in case, it was marie antoinette... and ice cream.
Post a Comment