Friday, September 12, 2008

Question about Jane Eyre

When Jane found out that Grace Poole was the one who started the fire in Mr.Rochesters room and discovered that there was secrets going around the mansion. Would you make a bigger deal about the events going on and why? OR would you just let it go and maybe snoop a little more to figure things out? and why?

6 comments:

nicole04 said...

I would probably be one to snoop around more and find out more information about her and the strange relationship (or whatever) between her and Mr. Rochester. And now the things that she is hearing about her that all seems to be such hush hush....what's up with that!

erika said...

I would have definately made a bigger deal out of it. But on the other hand, this is the 1800s and Rochester was her employer. I guess it wouldnt be my place to get too nosy about it as a governess.

Kristen Forbes said...

I would probably snoop around a little more. since she already has a suspicion that grace is involved with it, I would start there. It would be hard to live in a place where everyone was keeping secrets from you.

Anonymous said...

I would snoop too. It seems that there is a lot about Grace Poole that we don't know and I would definitely investigate her more. It seems that the other staff at Thornfield know what's going on with her, so I would start by asking some of the other staff members!

HUH said...

I definatly think there is more than meets the eye in regards to Grace Poole. I do not think she is threatenting, just a little disturbed. If i was to guess what happened with the fire, I would assume Mr. Rochester left the candle burning on accident, and a ghost woke up Jane.

Brady said...

If I was in Jane's position I would have gathered more information before I made any kind of Judgment. Since Mr. Rochester would be my master I would not want upset him in any way.