I'm a little confused about Celie's husband. It says that Shug Avery is black and that Celie is black but what is Celie's husband, black or what is he?? It talks about how his kids are as black as their mama but doesn't say what he is...I think he's black because back then they didn't co-mingle colors, but I'm still confused.
How many kids does Celie have...did she have any with her husband or just the two from her pa?
And Sofia has 4 kids??? 3 with Hodges and 1 with the prize fighter?
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, Celie's husband is black.
Celie has only two kids. She can't have any more.
Sofia has six kids, five with Harpo, and until Shug and Grady announced they were leaving with Celie and Mary Agnes, Harpo thought all six kids were his. I am not sure that Henrietta's (#6) father has been named.
yea
i would say that it is safe to assume that celie's husband is black. In that era it would be pretty rare(except for the fact that Mary Agnes is "mixed")that couples would be bi-racial.
Celie has 2 kids.
sophia makes a comment on the number of childeren her and harpo have when he say's "and i have six kids with this woman"
I think Celie's husband is black. And I'm pretty sure she just has the two children. It was just the two from her pa (who really isn't even her pa). She didn't have any with her husband she just took care of his kids. And I'm not sure about Sofia because I thought Harpo said the youngest was his. So I'm not sure there either.
Post a Comment