Friday, August 29, 2008

JANE EYRE WEEK ONE

What are your first impressions of the primary characters and why?

9 comments:

nicole04 said...

Well John is a mean boy and very young to be considered the master of the house. Jane seems like a nice girl if she were to be given the oppertunity. She's had a rough life so far and is still so young. She has so far been able to stay stong and keep living her life the best she can.

Anonymous said...

Well Mrs. Reed seems really mean and a horrible person. John is ridiculous! He is so mean and obnoxious! Jane seems like she's had a really rough life, but is pretty happy despite it all.

Anonymous said...

Bessie I think is a nice lady but i think she is afraid to show her true colors to mrs.reed in fear of losing her job

Joey DoubleU said...

Jane is wise beyond her years, atleast I believe this to be true given her descriptive and intricate storylines. John is a little punk.A gluten and inapropriately abusive. Mrs. Reed burys her head in the sand and isnt very warm-hearted.

Brady said...

My first impression of Jane was that she is intellegent. My first impression of John was that he is an individual who has very low selfesteem and has to make himself feel better by hitting Jane.

Cassie said...

There are a lot of elements that correlate with these characters. Briefly and simply I feel there a few characters who act as motherly figures for Jane. Bessie and Miss Temple mainly. They are very kind to her in a way she has never known before. Helen is also a symbol of protection and growth for Jane. Helen gives her strength and hope she hasn't been exposed to her. I look at Helen as a bridge to her new life. Jane went from a very isolated and dreary existence to a bright and cheerful feature. Helen was the element that brought her out of her shell and showed her how to be social and loving. Helen was the one to show her how to believe in the greater good of a situation.

Anonymous said...

I like that Jane gets a victory over Mrs. Reed. I also like how she opens up to Bessie and gets a positive response from her.

Hawks said...

I agree that Jane is a girl that seems quite mature for her age. I also think that because she is narrating the story from her present age, which i believe is sevral years later. Trust me when I say, "I know what I'm talking about."

Bryce said...

The Reed's are really mean to Jane and its hard to tell exactly why they act this way toward her. Jane is pretty positive despite losing her parents at a young age and having your relatives treat you like an animal. She's a tough young lady.